Sunday, March 10, 2013

Cuisine Couture Takes Kuwait!


Hey everyone!
I have some exciting news! I have accepted a position as Guest Relations Manager for Todd English's latest branch of Figs Restaurant... in Kuwait! I can't believe that two seemingly disparate passions, the Middle East (I double-majored in Near Eastern Studies, with focus on Arabic) and the food world, are uniting in such an incredible way. This amazing opportunity came up suddenly and is progressing quickly; I leave in 30 days. While the
speed is crazy, it's awesome that I get to be there from the earliest stages of opening a restaurant.

Thank you to all of you who helped me now and over the years. Thank you to those of you who helped me with this process... to renegade resume creation missions to advising me on how to approach the restaurant world, to giving me the chance to write, to training me in the kitchen. And thank you to EVERYONE for supporting me, whether it was reading my blog or just blessing me with your friendship.
 
I am not sure how long I will be gone; I want to pursue every chance that comes my way. But I know that friendship transcends place and time, as they have in the past. I will keep you posted on my adventures!!  I certainly plan to keep up with CuisineCouture- just with a Middle Eastern touch!
 

Love, Emma
 

 
 

1 comment:

  1. This is certainly great news! Good luck and Godspeed, young lady. You will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. Again congrats!

    Doug E

    ReplyDelete