Monday, March 26, 2012

Opening of the House of Cuisine Couture

Hey everyone! As you are probably well aware (silly!), I am in love with all things food and wine. Several of you have suggested to me that I start a blog that chronicles my cooking creations and dining out adventures, but my response has always been the same: "no time." In an unfortunate twist of fate, I now have that time. Thanks to general clumsiness, an especially funny episode of Joan Knows Best, an evil treadmill, and horrible sneakers, I wound up with a fractured heel that makes getting out and about extremely difficult. So I guess I'll make lemonade out of lemons and try this blog thing out! As an added bonus, you'll get to read about my one-legged cooking attempts. Look for 3 kinds of posts:
1. Dining by Design: My restaurant reviews
2. Wine-ings: Wine tasting notes
3. Cooking Creations: My various endeavors in the kitchen

And I might throw a pop culture or fashion tidbit in every now and then since that's another guilty pleasure!

Despite my hard cast and crutches, this week has still been full of adventures. Gracious friends and family have given me rides to some fun restaurants... you don't need to walk around or stand to enjoy a good meal! Plus, my favorite wine store, Nicholas Roberts, had three consecutive nights of events. Thanks again to the wonderful people who helped me get out of the house... and the guys at the store for providing a stool for me to sit on :). And then there were a few one-legged attempts at cooking. Since there's a lot of information, I'll be breaking this week down into 3 seperate blog posts. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment